Safety with Bamboo Baby Products
At The Bamboo Factory, we ensure the highest safety with bamboo baby products we sell.
It’s a fact that infants are sensitive to various irritants, so it's only normal for mums and dads to be concerned and want what’s best for them. After all, who doesn’t want their baby to grow up healthy?
The Bamboo Factory sources our materials from partners in line with our ethical standards. This is to ensure our range of bamboo baby products contains no chemicals or pesticides that can irritate your infant's sensitive skin.
To help you and your infant enjoy the full benefits of our bamboo baby products, here are some general safety guidelines to keep in mind:
- Use bamboo bedding made especially for their crib. Its fibres contain natural properties that act as temperature regulators which automatically adjust to changes. In turn, this keeps your baby cool in the summer and warm in the winter,
- Also, use bamboo bedding made especially for babies to prevent suffocation. Our sheets and other bedding products are designed to have the right thickness and firmness that pass child safety standards.
- When going outside, dress your infant in bamboo clothing to keep them comfortable and protect their skin from sun damage. The fibres are not only breathable for superior comfort but also provide natural UV protection.
- To prevent flat-head syndrome, let your baby’s head rest on a bamboo pillow made for infants. It contains shredded memory foam which moulds to the contours of your baby's head.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
SIDS is one of the leading causes of death in newborns. However, it can be avoided with a few precautionary measures. The following tips help safeguard your baby while they sleep:
- Place your baby on their back. Never let them sleep unsupervised on their side or tummy.
- Ensure the sleeping area is free of toys, soft bedding, and adult pillows. Use only baby products designed to pass high child safety standards, such as bamboo baby bedding and pillows.
- Lightly dress your infant for sleep in bamboo baby clothes. The natural fibres contain properties that won’t irritate sensitive skin when they move or stretch.
- Swaddle your baby with soft, breathable bamboo cloth. It contains natural insulation properties to keep your baby cosy in the winter or cool in the summer.
- Always monitor your baby and remain alert for changes in breathing or signs of restlessness.
When your baby is comfortable and secure, they will have a sound, uninterrupted sleep, This is an important factor in their brain development and general health.
Bamboo baby products are generally safe to use on a regular basis provided that extra care and attention is given. It is always best, however, to consult with your pediatrician before using any new products.
If you have questions or concerns about infant safety with regards to the use of our bamboo baby products, please contact us.