Safety with Bamboo Baby Products
It’s a fact that babies are sensitive to various irritants. It’s only natural for mums and dads to feel concern and to want what’s best for them. After all, who doesn’t want their baby to grow up healthy?
The Bamboo Factory cares for your baby’s health. When it comes to your baby’s well being, The Bamboo Factory is your partner.
We only source our bamboo materials from partners that are in line with our ethical standards. This is to ensure that our range of bamboo baby products contains no chemicals or pesticides that can irritate your baby’s sensitive skin. We also make sure that our baby products are made from organic bamboo fibres so you can fully enjoy the natural deodorising and antibiotic properties that can keep your baby feeling fresh all day while keeping nasty germs at bay.
To help you and your baby enjoy the full benefits of our bamboo baby products, here are some general safety guidelines to keep in mind:
- To keep your baby cool in the summer and warm in the winter, use only bamboo baby beddings in the crib. Bamboo fibres contain natural properties that act as temperature regulators that automatically adjust to changing temperatures.
- To prevent suffocation, use bamboo beddings made especially for babies. They are designed to have the right thickness and firmness that pass child safety standards.
- To keep your baby comfortable while you’re out and to protect his or her skin from sun damage, dress your baby in bamboo clothing. It’s naturally breathable for superior comfort, and the bamboo fibres provide natural UV protection.
- To prevent flat-head syndrome, let your baby’s head rest on a bamboo pillow made for infants. It contains shredded memory foam that moulds to your baby’s natural head shape.
Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
Cot or crib death is one of the leading causes of death in newborns. It’s the unexplained death of healthy infants that can be avoided with a few precautionary measures. The following tips can help safeguard your baby while he or she sleeps:
- Have your baby lie on his or her back. Never let your baby sleep unsupervised on his or her side or tummy.
- Ensure that the sleeping area is free of toys, soft bedding and adult pillows. Use only baby products that are designed to pass high child safety standards, such as bamboo baby beddings and pillows.
- Dress your baby lightly for sleep in bamboo baby clothes. The natural bamboo fibres contain properties that won’t irritate sensitive skin when moving or stretching.
- When your baby is comfortable, he or she will have uninterrupted sleep, which is an important factor in your infant’s brain development and general health.
- Swaddle your baby with soft, breathable bamboo cloth. They contain natural insulation properties that can keep your baby cosy or cool, depending on the weather.
- Always monitor your baby and remain alert for changes in breathing and signs of restlessness.
Bamboo baby products are generally safe to use on a regular basis provided that extra care and attention is given. It is always best, however, to consult your pediatrician before using any new baby products.
If you have questions or concerns about baby safety with regards to the use of our bamboo baby products, please contact us.