Personal Information Collected From Website Users
When registering and ordering on The Bamboo Factory website, you may be asked, as appropriate, to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, or other details to help process your order and improve your experience.
The Bamboo Factory collects such information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, provide us with feedback, or otherwise enter information on The Bamboo Factory website.
Use of Information
The Bamboo Factory may use the information in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience
- To allow us to deliver interesting content and product offerings
- To improve the website
- To process transactions faster and more efficiently
- To generate quicker responses to your customer service inquiries
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
- To ask for ratings and reviews of products or services
- To follow up with you after inquiries thru live chat, email, or phone.
Protection of Information
The Bamboo Factory website uses Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) and malware scanning on a regular basis to check for known vulnerabilities and security holes in order to make your visit as safe as possible. The Bamboo Factory implements a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their data to maintain the safety of all sensitive information.
Your personal information is held behind secured networks. Only a limited number of persons have special access to such systems in order to process your transactions. All personnel with access to secure systems are required to keep confidential the information contained therein.
All sensitive financial information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a secure gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart
- Understand and save user preferences for future visits
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction to provide a better overall website experience
The Bamboo Factory may also use trusted third-party services that track such information on our behalf. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to block all cookies through your browser settings. Check your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify these preferences.
Please note that blocking cookies causes some website features to be disabled. This affects the performance of the website and limits your browsing experience. You may, however, still be able to place orders.
Google's advertising requirements are summed up by their Advertising Principles. These have been put in place to provide a positive experience for users. You can read the complete policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
The Bamboo Factory and Google, utilize first-party cookies (e.g. Google Analytics), third-party cookies (e.g DoubleClick), and other third-party identifiers together to collect data on user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to the website.
Changes in Your Personal Information
You can make changes to your personal information at any time by sending us an email, calling us, or by logging into your account and updating the information.
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations - The EC Directive
The EC Directive of 2003 states that any direct marketing via telephone or email is against the law unless prior consent of the subscriber has been given.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests
- Process orders and send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Send emails regarding available products and promotions after the original transaction has been completed
To comply with the EC Directive, we agree to:
- Refrain from using misleading subject lines or email addresses
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Allow users to unsubscribe at any time if they wish by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email or by contacting us for assistance
THE BAMBOO FACTORY
The Bamboo Factory is a trading name belonging to Devour Retail Group Ltd
Company No: 10210768
Updated by The Bamboo Factory on June 1, 2020