Bamboo Product Care & Wash Guide
When you take good care of your bamboo pillows, bed sheets and other bamboo items, they can last for a long time. While we make sure that all our bamboo products are of the highest quality, getting the ultimate satisfaction also depends on how you take care of them.
To ensure that you enjoy your bamboo product to the fullest, we suggest that you follow the accompanying care instructions as closely as possible. Please take note that washing your bamboo product for the first time requires careful attention. Each bamboo product has a different set of care instructions.
Upon receiving your bamboo item, please also consider the following:
- Remove the packaging from your bamboo product carefully. Avoid using any sharp objects to open the package to avoid damaging the product.
- Before you sleep on your bamboo product, make sure to let it air out for at least a day to eliminate any odours from the packaging. Bamboo is naturally breathable, so any unpleasant smells will dissipate as you air them out. For fast results, place your bamboo product near an open window.
- Bamboo pillows may look slightly deformed upon removing them from the package. They are compressed for shipping, and may also lose their shape in handling during transit. Please allow one to two days for your pillow to return to its original shape before using it.
- Your bamboo pillow may not feel right for the first few nights you sleep on it. Our bamboo pillows are made of shredded memory foam, so it will take some time for them to mould into the proper shape to fit your head and neck comfortably.
- Bamboo pillows come with a removable cover, which you can wash according to package instructions. Always separate light colours from the dark ones. For best results, the pillows themselves should be hand washed and hung flat to dry.
- For bamboo pillowcases, bed sheets, duvets, coverlets and any other bamboo items that come with a zipper, always zip them closed before laundering them in a washing machine. Delicate items should be placed in a laundry net bag before washing to avoid over stretching them.
- Avoid using bleach as this can damage the fibres of your bamboo items. If you want to preserve the moisture wicking properties of your bamboo clothes, avoid using fabric conditioners as well.
- To remove stains, soak your bamboo items in lukewarm water and mild detergent. For hard-to-remove stains, try using baking soda and/or white vinegar.
- Some of our bamboo items are made with a combination of materials, such as cotton, so be sure to always check the care tag for specific instructions.
- When drying your bamboo product, the best route is to hang it to dry on a washing line. If this is not possible, tumble dry on low heat or mild setting and for no longer than necessary. Once done, remove them promptly.
- When ironing your bamboo clothes, bed sheets or pillowcases, always use low heat. Although bamboo products are durable, the fibres can be easily damaged by excessive heat.
- Excessive heat and moisture can damage bamboo fibres and reduce your bamboo product’s longevity, so always make sure to store it in a cool, dry place.
- Avoid storing your bamboo items in closets or cabinets near radiators, water heaters or heat vents.
- Never store your bamboo pillows or duvets in a plastic bag as heat and moisture can build up inside.
If you have any questions or concerns about bamboo product care, please don’t hesitate to contact us.